RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 11 Dec 1996 23:37:27 EST
From:
Robert W. Avery <[log in to unmask]>
Roy says,

>My understanding is that the symptoms of B12 deficiency are hard to
>overlook, unfortunately once you note the
>symptoms you have probably suffered irrepairable neural damage.

Hey, Roy, say it ain't THAT bad!  I got deficient a couple years ago,
enough to have symptoms, but I feel fine now.  Or do you guys think I'm
irreparably nerve damaged?  (Don't answer that!)

>My comment was on the following lines: I personally try to take
>precautions against these problems, but to radical foodists I have
>the questions: "do you take precautions?", or "do you even believe
>in these?". If the latter, then "how long have you been on this
>diet, and what is your general health?".

Oh, I get it.  Safe food, dietary prophylaxis --- I never thought of it
like that.

>Sorry I can't answer your specific questions.

Well, I guess I can always spill some ink (or bits, or pixels, or
something).  As a former heavy-fruitarian, I think I got adrenally
insufficient there for awhile.  But not knowing what the symptoms were
(still don't), I didn't discover it until my Feb/Mar 15/20-day juice
diet/fast.  During the fast, I suffered pains just above the kidney area
on whichever side I happened to be lying at the time.  I took this to be
the adrenal area.  The pains were not present before the fast.  Towards
the end of the fast, they went away and haven't returned.  I took that to
mean that my adrenals had been sick but recovered during the fast.  I
doubt if I'll know whether they stayed recovered until i do my next fast.

Bob Avery ([log in to unmask])