From:
Rebecca Markle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Nov 1995 06:35:00 -0500

On Sat, 18 Nov 1995, Erika L. Pfleger wrote:

> I had heard before that white flecks under the fingernails are a sign of
> zinc deficiency; but what about pale half-moons near the bottom of the
> nail?  are these also a sign of zinc deficiency?

Funny you should mention that---years ago, in a magazine, I read an
article about diagnosing some conditions through looking at the fingers.
Like "spoon-nails" for anemia...the article mentioned "rainbow nails" as
a sign of internal metabolic dysfunction.  It was vague.  But I have the
rainbow...the pale half-moon, a band of pink, another band of pale & then
deep pink right at the tip.

Yes, I do wonder if that's common among us.

Bec