From:
Timothy Partridge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Sep 1995 21:42:30 GMT

> ...I think the reason it has been a problem for the church to include
> any other forms of bread lie in their interpretation of the word
> "bread".  If "bread" means that stuff that is made with wheat flour,
> then to them there may be no other substitute....Betsy Algis

I'm not Catholic either. As you say what counts as bread. Can any Jewish
reader help here - what sort of bread would you eat just before
Passover? What are the restrictions on it - Christian wafers seem to be
unleavened. (In case you aren't aware of the connection Jesus had his
last supper just before Passover, which is why the Christian Easter
keeps in step with it - although the exact rules for determining the
date are slightly different I think)

   Tim