RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 16 Jul 1995 21:16:40 -0400
Thanks for all the wonderful information, Robin!  I agree that watermelon
and watermelon juice is great for cleansing!

However, beware of recommended melons and fruit juice fasts to just
everyone. Some people are VERY sensitive to sugar and really cannot
handle much fruit sugar.  Of course, for someone who is going to be happy
with just a quart of juice in a day and the rest water, no problem
usually.  But many others will drink a gallon of actual juice in a day,
and this can create low blood sugar, fatigue and other problems.

I am sensitive to sugars and find I do best with fruits that are not too
sweet, such as papaya, tomatoes, etc.  I still eat sweet fruits but have
to limit them strictly.