Date:
Tue, 27 Aug 1996 13:05:14 -0400

I think better food labeling would be wonderful.  But knowing that something
contains gluten or not is useless to me.  It may contain rice, which a lot of
gluten free foods do, and then I couldn't eat it anyway.

What I would like to see is the full ingredients listed on the product.  That
way I can determine if it contains gluten, rice, corn, soy, etc. or not.

On the other hand, I buy whole basic foods and cook everything from scratch.
 I don't rely on labels.  I'm not too fond of governmental legislation and am
much happier growing and producing my own foods.  But for those who are not
able to do this, for whatever reasons, listing of all ingredients (including
ingredients of ingredients) seems to be a much preferable option than
gluten-free only labelling.

Silandara