From:
George & Gayle Kennedy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 1996 21:05:49 -0500

My husband and I may be going to Kazakhstan and one of their main products
is buckwheat.  I'm one of the lucky celiacs who seem to have no problems
eating buckwheat - but I only know how to cook it as kasha and buckwheat
pancakes - and breakfast mush (!) pretty mundane stuff.  Don Wiss seems to
come up with marvelous collections of recipes.  Anyone have any additional
suggestions for buckwheat that I can take with me to Kazak... - I'm really
a bit concerned about the food and suppose I'll return to living on rice
and buckwheat. Not even sure they have driec beans, but surely lentils...
Maybe eggs and chickens, but who knows what else.  Any suggestions of
recipes that I can take with me would be greatly appreciated.

Gayle K