From:
"Lisa J. Haynes" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Oct 1995 08:40:14 +0500

Greetings, all,

    I recently tried some ready-to-eat vegetarian Indian meals that
state on the package that they are "wheat- and gluten-free and contain
no preservatives, chemicals, sugar, or MSG."  They are made and
distributed by The Tamarind Tre, Ltd., P.O. Box 845, Mahwah, MJ 07430.
I purchased them from Fresh Fields in Annapolis and Rockville, MD.

    I can only vouch for the taste of the entrees that are dairy free
and they are quite tasty.  One negative point is that a 350 calorie
serving contains 620 mg of sodium which is 26% of the recommended daily
value.

    Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with Tamarind Tree.  Since there
has been discussion about GF convenience foods, this is an FYI for
those looking for such products.  These meals can be stored at room
temperature.

Lisa Haynes
Laurel, MD