From:
Karen Bulmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 1995 10:54:01 -0500

1. Where does a person get these recipes?

2. For medications, do not assume that "starch" means
"corn starch", as it does with foods.  The labeling laws regarding
medications and foods are different in this respect.)

Does this mean that in the US whenever food is labelled starch it refers
to cornstarch?  In Canada it is labelled cornstarch, starch or food
starch, the latter two being the ones to avoid since it it unknown what
the starch is made from.

3.  Betty Hagman is the author of The Gluten-Free Gourmet and More From
the Gluten-Free Gourmet.

I have the GF Gourmet, how do I get the More From book?

4.  To make them into bread crumbs, dry them in single
layers in your oven, with the temperature at 200 degrees, then put
them in a blender or food processor and grind them into crumbs.

I first grind the bread then toast them.  I almost ruined a blender since
the bread was so hard that it was grinder the rubber rind at the bottom
of the blender.  This newsletter was not the reason I tried grinding
bread after drying it, I had always done it that way with regular bread
prior to CD diagnosis so I followed the same rule.  I would keep a bin in
the cupboard to put the bread ends, stale bread in and then grind it once
it was dry.  I continued this with GF bread and the first time I went to
grind this happened.