From:
Kemp Randolph <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Nov 1995 14:25:14 -0500

On Nov 25, 1995 18:02:35, 'Jane Ehrenfeld <[log in to unmask]>' wrote:

> If any one has any concrete, scientific reason why we should NOT be
> eating buckwheat in spite of what I've read, please let me know!

Not scientific, but the poorly documented  history of bad reactions by some
celiacs includes cross contamination (whether in the field or food plant, I
don't know), perhaps ignoring the ingredient list on a buckwheat product
that also had wheat in it, and genuine cases of non-celiac intolerance.

When I finish with some other  celiac food issues first, I look forward to
adding Kasha to my diet. I plan to check the FDA to see if they have an out
of date "standard of identity" that allows wheat in under that term
buckwheat, however.

                     Kemp Randolph
                     Long Island