Date:
Sat, 4 Nov 1995 19:22:55 -0500

Please, LISA, do not just plow on using milk. It was about 10 years ago but I
had violent shaking and heart palpitations reaction, after a 4 day fast,
eating only a bowl of brown rice WITH a blop of butter. My doctor couldn't
understand since virtually no one is allergic to rice; then I remembered the
butter. I always hated drinking milk but loved butter. She said milk
reactions common in celiacs but not butter. I don't remember how long, but I
stayed away from dairy products quite awhile. I even gave up See's candy for
sometime (I also got arthritic like aches and pains from dairy). I now eat
butter on my rice, See's candy, ice cream if gluten free with no problem. For
me the dairy reaction was tied into not being gluten free. When I do have a
"gluten bout/recovery time" I revert to the purest diet I can testing
wellness periodically.
Sorry I took so long to respond-I'm new to computers and in a gluten bout- if
you want more feedback feel free to privately post me at [log in to unmask]
(love to hear from others in SF Bay Area or Sacramento CA also)