Date:
Sat, 4 Nov 1995 07:32:56 -0500

Subject: SALAD BARS

Lisa <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

M>Has anyone else found out that salad bars are sprayed with MSG? I
M>just read a posting on this and amd now wondering if I should be avoiding
M>them (soon to be eating only the furniture in resteraunts...ooops, no
M>that is made from wood probably has gluten in it) :)

Lisa:
I thought I knew something until I began to read the LIST. It is still
my understanding that MSG and wood cellulose are O.K. for Celiac/Sprues
and those with DH.

Could someone give a reading on this? I am not lactose or soy
intolerant. I consider soy, lactose, MSG, and wood cellulose to be
gluten-free. I know the CSA 'no-no" restaurant card has MSG down as
forbidden. I just figured that the power(S) what am that printed the
card took poetic license, because of  his/her (their) own
idiosyncrasies. I would appreciate a serious reply on this.AMS