From:
Annmaureen Surra <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 1995 18:52:10 -0500

M>I was intriqued by your posting on your sons post natal anemia.
M>Congenital B12 def. is most often caused by the mother's pernicious
M>anemia not a disease in the child.  The child can be very sick even die
M>from it.  but if recognised and promptly treated it will usually not have
M>a B12 def itself.  If you were a celiac( untreated) whose B12 was def.
M>then that would explain part of your sons illness.  This is conjecture
M>but a careful review of the details at the time might allow
M>confirmation.
M>Not medical advice
M>Joe Murray

I had three children and a miscarriage (Placenta found, no foetus
evident) in two and a half years(six children all told). I was
considered very healthy. Sure as heck didn't suffer from infertility. I
had another child after my last son. The mystery was that he never again
manifested any signs of a blood dyscrasia. He's seldom been ill.That was
1958. My CD and DH did not show signs until 1972 and I was misdiagnosed
until 1985. Never received any suggestion of a blood problem and
certainly never was given any treatment for same. I don't take any
medication-even vitamin supplements!

Another son became ill in college and was diagnosed as thrombocytopenia.
He never again showed any blood anomaly after that acute phase.

It was my mother who, along with each of her eight siblings, had a
partial gastrectomy. She lived thirty two years after that, died at age
97, and ate bread until her last day on earth. I am still not considered
delicate. My friends consider my Celiac Disease a neurosis. I wish it
were imaginary! AMS