From:
Mary Courtney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 1995 12:02:40 -0700

While visiting Northern Virginia, I learned that the Krogers Supermarkets
have health food shelves.  There I looked for a liter of gf soy milk and
found one by Eden that I hadn't seen before. The label reads: EDENBLEND
Rice & Soy Beverage. The ingredients are: Purified Water, Organic Brown
Rice, Organic Soybeans, Kombu (Seaweed), Carrageenan, Lima Sea Salt,
Calcium Carbonate.

The blend of rice and soy tasted better than regular soy milk. It was less
beany and there was little or no grainy texture to the liquid.

If you or your grocer would like to contact Eden Foods, they are located at
701 Tecumseh Road, Clinton, Michigan 49236. I believe that some of their
products list barley malt, so I was delighted that this one seemed (and
acted) gf.

If anyone lives near Pentagon City Mall in DC, the GNC there is
discontinuing their Arrowhead Puff Rice @ 50 cents a bag as well as some gf
macaroons. The clerk wanted to make me a deal on his remaining stock, but I
was traveling light.