From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Sep 1995 12:54:49 -0400

At 9/9/95, "Susan Maller ()" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>  My mom says she is sure that is what I had, and I also have
>documented pancreatic deficiency (trypsin) related to the celiac (unless
>it was all a misdiagnosis; I don't think they did biopsies back then),

I believe the biopsy was invented around 1955 and came into use by the end
of the fifties.

>1) How can ice cream be gluten-free (such as Breyer's) if it has Vanilla
>in it?

Are you asking about vanilla extract having an alcohol base? Hagan Daz
Vanilla doesn't use extract. Others may consider the extract amount to be de
minimus.

>5) Bumble Bee tuna packed in water?

Depends on which variant. Since tuna is available packed in water and
nothing else, except perhaps salt, there is no reason to buy tuna that has
vegetable broth, flavorings, or anything else on the ingredient list. Star
Kist calls their tuna without additives "Naturally Low Sodium, Low Fat". It
comes in Chuck White Albacore and Chunk Light. Health food stores usually
will sell tuna without additives. If you find it too bland, you can always
add the salt yourself.

Don, NYC.