From:
Rebecca Markle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Sep 1995 21:40:57 -0400

Denise:

After I read your post, I called my local CBS affiliate to see if they
had an internet address.  What I got was the phone number for CBS
National HQ.  It is:   212-975-4321.  If you don't want to talk to CBS,
it should be easy to get the corporate numbers for ABC & NBC.  If you
need topics to cover, such as the 1:300 diagnosis rate in Europe vs the
1:2500 in North America, mention it.  Mention the genes for CD & diabetes
being so close together.   Or maybe all the auto-immune complications &
maybe neurological consequences.  Or the pitfalls of not reading every
single label.  Let's talk about living the gluten-free life in North
America!...incidentally, folks, a co-worker brought in the American
Diabetic Association mag, DIABETES FORECAST.  There was a letter to the
editor from a woman who was both gluten-intolerant & diabetic & she took
them to task for not mentioning CD in a past article about the
complications of diabetes & other auto-immune disorders.  The editor's
reply was that an article on celiac sprue is scheduled to appear in an
upcoming issue.   The magazine had an 800#, and when I called, I spoke to
a managing editor.  Now the story is probably already written, but we had
a very nice conversation, and hopefully we can forge some sort of an
alliance & do some beneficial information sharing.

If anything more comes of it, or if anyone wants more info, I'll share info.

The Bec
Erie Pa USA