RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 06 Dec 1996 00:16:44 -0500
At 07:34 PM 12/5/96 -0800, Peter wrote:
>>and all who wish to censor Nature's First Law:
>Spare me your crocodile tears about censorship. That is like hearing a
>thief complain about how rare honest people are to come by these days.
>Both you and your book are so without content "The National Inquirer"
>should get the "Pulitzer Price" in comparison.:-/ What I do want to
>censor is your attitude, which has no place on this list.  If you
>refuse to censor yourselves, I will have to do it for you.

that would be unfortunate if peter were to censor NFL. I would feel deprived.
I want NFL to be a part of this forum. I have been reading all the posts,
and find NFL to be no more insulting than peter and others who rank NFL.
I find both sides acceptable and not out of line. I support Kirt, and I support NFL,
and I think you peter are abusing your role of moderator. I generally try to shy
away from being so blunt, however, I would not forgive others for abandoning me,
so I will not be silent about this. I see truth and merit in both sides, and don't want
to see any side, much less one side censored.

>Funny to hear that coming from you guys who are so intent on
>disregarding all rules of common decency and just ruthlessly trying to
>further your own cause. (which you are doing such a terrible job at
>that it makes me wonder whether maybe you guys are hired by TCFL (The
>Cooked Food Lobby) to create such a public outrage over raw foods that
>the door will be opened for legislation to ban them completely. :-/)

I had previously said that I wanted to allow anonymous posts. and now peter,
you have said it better than me. there is a possible public outrage over raw foods.
and I don't want to be a target all the time. you can't have it both ways.
 if there is danger, than you can't demand identification... and if there is no
 danger, you can't blame NFL. which is it peter?

You haven't responded to my last questions to you, like if you remember me.
 But that is your right. We all pick and choose what we want to respond to.
 So you can't blame NFL for not responding to every one of your challenges either.

ps - there are many internet resources for vegetarians on email lists and newsgroups
but only this one on raw foods. for those that would like to splinter the group
further, I can remember meeting a fellow in a Palm Springs Spa Sauna. He was
vibrant and healthy, inspiring and impressive. He was a fruitarian. His parting
words to me were, try and lay off those vegetables. Many times, I have felt that
being a fruitarian would be part of an optimal scenario/lifestyle. In that case,
we would have to split veg-raw into another group: fruit-raw, to get away from
all those people who can't stop killing plants.

I reserve the right to change my opinions

pardon my detox,

Raw Fooders at http://www.he.net/~jrellis/rawtimes.html