RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 25 Sep 1996 10:13:36 -1000
Aloha Shawn,
   Thank you for writing.  Yes rice can be eaten sprouted.  We enjoy
using Black long grain wild rice it is actualy a seed not a grain.  The
process we use is soak 1-2 cups of rice in a half gallon jar for 13
hrs.  then we rinse and drain it.  We rinse drain and sprout it for 5 to
8 Days until the seed splits down the middle and a white line appears
(the length of sprouting time may vary based on climatic factors).  The
rice remains slightly firm and crunchy yet the outer coating is softer
and the enzyme inhibitors have been broken down and rice is begining to
grow.
This processs may also be used with other forms of rice although the
flavors vary I have found that  the brown rices when sprouted are
slightly bitter and bland  unlike the Wild rice  which has a wonderfly
sweet flavor.
					Peace
							Jeremy