RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 25 Jan 1997 08:12:49 -0300
After reading about how unnatural fruits are (I don't hate them, it just
shocks me to learn something so basic so late), I wonder how Man has altered
other plant foods, all of them.

1) What is the difference between wild and cultivated greens, lettuce,
celery, etc?

2) What about something like carrots, pumpkins, squashes, beets? I guess the
wild ones are not so sweet.

3) What about potatoes, sweet potatoes, grains?

4) What about the nutritional value of wild fruits? Is there any truth to
Walker's discovery of our ancestors living on mostly fruit, but on a much
more concentrated, fibrous kind of fruit? Do they have more minerals and
vitamins? More trace elements (I guess this depends of the level of
mineralization of the place where they grow, and according to the
Remineralization movement, even untouched forest are at an all-time lowest).

Thanks a lot to all people who contribute. This is very good, as it allows
us new health seekers to avoid common mistakes. Thanks, really.

Saludos,
          axel, from Argentina