From:
Kristine Renee Penner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 1995 12:26:11 -0700

I'm sorry if this is a question that has been answered in the past, but I
just logged into this list in the past week.  Could someone please
explain to me the connection (if any) between Gluten intolerance and
Autism.  Also, what is casein?
Sorry for my ignorance.  :)
Kristine Penner
(oh just to give you some background on my, I'm 18, a freshman at
Stanford University.  Like many of you, I got sick when my mom started me
on cereals at the age of 2 months.  The next two years were agony for
them, with doctors threatening to take me away from them - my problem
(the doctors said) must either be that they were spoiling me or abusing
me.  Finally, when I was two, a kind of wacky biochemist diagnosed my
problem, and within 48 hours I was sleeping through the night, which I
hadn't done for the past two years.  Now, my mom (who is a supermom let
me tell you)  cooks tons of food for me, which I bring up frozen to
school (ie breads, muffins, dinners,etc)  and I just defrost them.
Everyone here is jealous of me cuz my food is way better than food
service.  Sorry if that was long.  Just thought as long as I was writing,
I should let you know a little about me.
Kristine Renee Penner