From:
Taylor Cushmore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Mar 1995 14:33:00 -0500

I am a 57 year old diagnosed with celiac sprue only two years ago.But
when I was born I was "allergic" to almost all foods including milk and
probably wheat, etc.  I spent long years as a sick child and apparently
"grew out" of most of my "allergies" but remained thin and stomach
sensitive all my life.  Since I have been trying to stay on a gluten free
( and soy free, and lactose reduced) diet I am doing quite a bit better.
However I still have terrific sensitivity to chemicals and now grasses
(hay fever) and although I have always been "immunce" to poison ivy I now
get it regularly.

My "feeling" is that since our immune system is so disturbed by the
celiac disease we tend to be very sensitive to lots of other foods,
drugs, and airborne substances.

By the way, my loactose intolerance is fairly well controlled by taking
LOTS of Dairy Ease tablets.

If this helps you with your "allergy" question you may want to talk to me
directly.  [log in to unmask]

If anyone else has comments regarding other allergies along with celiac
disease we'd like to know.  Especially SOY.:) :)