From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Feb 1995 18:25:31 -0500

On Feb 16th Mike Jones wrote:

>Some places in the area make their vinegar from sugar cane. I did not
>know this until someone showed me a hot sauce from that area.

This is new to me.

>You know any more about this than I do?  But likely, if the product is
>bought in the US, they use grain vinegar.

Actually I was referring to restaurant eating here in the states
(admittedly not clear, but we have them in NYC) and the vinegar would
be American, either grain or corn, as it has been noted previously that
Heinz uses corn vinegar for all their products. But since the
restaurants are usually low end, it would probably be the cheapest.