From:
Laura Johnson-Kelly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Feb 1995 11:44:52 -0500

I will try to remember to bring the rice polish pancake recipe from
EnerG in as soon as possible, but in the meantime here is an easy basic
pancake recipe I developed that works just fine.

Pancakes

1 cup rice flour
2-3 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. sugar
1 Tbsp. oil
1 cup milk
1 egg

Mix dry ingredients together; add oil, milk, and egg and mix until most
of the lumps are gone (small lumps will cook out).  Cook on a hot
griddle as you would any other pancake.

The variability in the baking powder is to allow for differences in the
age of your powder and personal preference in the texture of the
pancakes.  Personally I like fluffy pancakes, so I use more baking
powder, but my husband prefers them to be more dense, so he uses less.

I like to serve these with Buttered Blueberry Syrup:

1 cup maple syrup (the real thing is the best IMHO)
1/2 cup blueberries
3 Tbsp. butter

Heat everything together (microwave is easiest) until the butter is
melted and some of the berries have burst their skins.  Try it, you'll
like it!

Laura Johnson-Kelly