From:
Karen Bulmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Feb 1995 06:45:54 -0700

Just a curiosity as to whether any studies have been done in regards to
children diagnosed with Celiac disease and they growth patterns before
and after.  I was never diagnosed as a child and I am short for my
family.  Older brother 6'5", younger sister 5'11", me 5'6". Mother
5'9", father 6".  Both sets of grandparents were tall for there time.
Also of 17 grandchildren on my mothers side there is only one shorter
than myself at 5'5".  They are all adults now so no more growing will
occur. ( at least not height).  Don't know all the cousins on my dads
side but he was the shortest in his family of 5 boys.  Also, I never
had much problem controlling my weight and could eat "like a horse"
(family is also what they like to say "large-boned"), ever since being
on a GF diet I have gained 20 lbs and am now trying to curb my appetite
in order to lose the extra.  Anyone else have or know of similar
problems pre and post diagnosis?