From:
Julie Anne May <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Feb 1995 01:37:34 -0700

Hi David.  I would like to help you with the Corn Pops, but I'm not
sure I can.  In Canada they are also labeled as having starch
(undisclosed) and are extremely reactive.  I do not know of a Celiac
who can eat them.

Do you know how much gluten causes a reaction in ANY Celiac?  I was at
a conference two years ago that disclosed how much was too much.  They
showed a guy who had no visible reaction (all he got was smelly stool),
then they showed what his biopsys looked like 1) when he was diagnosed,
2) after recovery, 3) after taking 1mg of bread.  The single mg caused
enough of a reaction that many people in the conference asked if they
were sure it was the same guy.  I know it sounds extreme, but I'd say
it's not worth it if that kind of damage is possible without you even
becoming ill enough to recognize you are being hurt.

         Julie May -- Manager of Resources, Orbital OnLine Services
       WEB page = http://www.online.edmonton.ab.ca/~jmay/index.html
         Running both Celiac and Environmental Illness WEB pages.