From:
Gal Kaminka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jan 1995 21:21:43 IST

Laurie,

I am a diagnosed and proven (3 biopsies) celiac.  Although my reaction to
gluten was distinct and very noticeable when I eat large amounts of
gluten, I found that often small amounts don't affect me at all, well -
at least not noticeably.  (Of course, I found this by mistake - not as
part of a silly "testing" attempt).

Apart from this, I seem to be having the same symptoms as you do, and both
my father and my grandmother (his mother) generally have the same symptoms.
Generally, I've heard them refer to it as "sensitive stomach", and so
I assumed I was OK, since my father was tested for celiac (blood test)
but was negative.

I wrote all this not because I have an answer - the subject bothers me as
well.  But at least you know you're not alone.

Gal Kaminka