From:
Blau Zahl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Nov 1995 12:22:15 CST

Note: what do you substitute for vanilla and other extracts that
have an alcohol base? I've been taking my chances...

Other than that, here are some simple & good recipes that are
GF & lactose free. Just remember to check the ingredients of the
ingredients!

This is my family's microwave fudge recipe:
Makes 3 pounds.

32 oz.          confectioner's sugar
1 cup           unsweetened cocoa
.5 cup          soy (or rice) milk
1 cup           butter, margarine, or Soy margarine!
2 tablespoons   vanilla **** see note

For variations (optional):
1.5 cup         chopped nuts
~.5 tablespoon  oil of peppermint *** see note
1 cup           mini marshmellows

1) Mix sugar and cocoa in large glass (or other microwave-safe) bowl.
2) Add milk & butter -- don't stir.
3) Cook in microwave at HIGH 4.5 - 6 min, or until butter is melted.
4) Add vanilla and any other optionals.
5) Stir until smooth.
6) Spread in well-greased 12x18" pan. Chill till firm. (Or use it
   while its hot on ice cream... if you can eat it...)

For 1.5 pounds of fudge: halve all ingredients, cook on high for 2 - 3 min
For "rocky road fudge", add nuts and the marshmellows.
For mint fudge, add the oil of peppermint, how much you add will vary
 according to taste.
Be creative!

A Thai dessert

I don't know exactly what this is called, but its simple!
Disclaimer: I haven't tried this in my own kitchen...
Need: can of coconaut milk & bannanas & sugar

Peel the bannanas and cut them in half.
Into a bowl, pour some coconaut milk. Mix into the milk sugar.
Add the bannanas to the milk and warm them.

Eat with a spoon.

Need a non-sugar snack food? Try dried seaweed! Look for it in an
Asian section of your supermarket, or a specialty store (health food
or Asian grocery). Also good with not-too-dry rice.
You might be able to find things like seaweed crackers, which you
may or may not like...

Als
I want a GF & LF cooking newsgroup!  Not sure about this Usenet thing?
Have some little burning question, but don't want to post it to the
list? Ask me: [log in to unmask]