From:
Tanis Collard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Nov 1995 12:59:53 -0800

There seems to  be an urgency to find a gluten-free marshmallow in time
for the holidays.  Perhaps this information will help those of you in
your search for a safe marshmallow for Celiacs.  I live in the
Massachusetts and Rhode Island area.  In August I received a letter
from the Doumak company stating that their marshmallows are
gluten-free. They apparently use corn starch and none of their
flavorings or colorings are wheat or gluten based. Doumak brand
marshmallows have been found in local Walgreens stores and also are the
Stop and Shop Brand Marshmallows.  The Stop and Shop Brand is
manufactured by Doumak and is therefore, safe for Celiacs.  Happy
Thanksgiving!!
Tanis Collard