From:
Rebecca Markle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Sep 1995 15:50:45 -0400

This is what I've done so far.  Letter to:

CBS
51 West 52nd Street
New York, NY  10019
Attn:  Features

E-mail to All Things Considered ([log in to unmask]).  Answered by computer form
letter.

E-mail to the Canadian Broadcasting's Quirks & Quarks, a *great* weekly
science program.  ([log in to unmask]) Bob McDonald is the host.

Here is the address for NBC:

NBC
Rockerfeller (sp?) Center
New York NY  10112

Will be posting ABC's address.  Actually, you can get it by calling your
local ABC affiliate.

What I've been stressing is the disparity of incidence rates between
Europe and the U.S.  I've explained that doctors on the North American
continent only recognize the most extreme cases.  That there exists 3
forms: latent, asymptomatic & symptomatic.  That there is very strong
linkage between diabetes and CD.  Ultimately, recognizing and addressing
this condition will have a favorable impact on health care delivery.

I'm only one person.  These people are not going to take this very
seriously if only one person writes, asking for a feature on this story.
I'm asking you all to consider writing to these news organizations.

Remember, a diagnosed celiac is far healthier than an undiagnosed celiac.
As more of us become identified (or even get on this list), the better
our chances at winning better accomodations from food manufacturers.
Take the time.  One letter a day to one of those posted addresses, if
that's all the time you have.

In the end, it's going to benefit you.

Becky Markle