From:
Beth Vail Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 May 1995 14:48:30 MDT

> I just bought a Toastmaster Breadmaker and I just realized ...
>
> Lisa Overton

Lisa,

I have a Toastmaster Breadbox, model 1150.  It works very well for GF
bread.  I have used the "regular" cycle with good results, and the
"Bread Rapid" cycle with even better results (and less time).  The
"Bread Rapid" cycle simply reduces the second kneading to about 2
seconds instead of many minutes, and thus eliminates much of the second
rising time, too.

My machine is an older model, though still available, according to the
manufacturer.  Its pan is illustrated in Bette Hagman's book, in the
upper left corner of her page of pan pictures, if anyone wants to see
it!  It has a "kneading pin" and a smooth paddle about 3/4 inch tall.  I
am curious if the newer model of Breadbox (no kneading pin, and a
taller, variable-height mixing paddle) works as well?

Regards,
Beth Jones
Colorado Springs