From:
Sarah R Rogers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 May 1995 18:41:29 -0500

Although it seems that MSG sensitivity is prominant in celiacs, there is
no gluten in it.
As for ordering Chinese: Many Chinese restaurants now have a sign up front
that says "NO MSG". Also, I handed a restaurant card to the waiter at a
local Chinese restaurant. The waitress saw it, smiled and handed it back to
me. After she left, the cook came out and pointed out the things that were
cooked with no gluten, and also showed me some other meals he could prepare
especially for my daughter.
        Use the restaurant card. It works, and some places recognize it
on site. I might add that the more we use the card, the more restaurant
owners become aware of celiac.

Sarah Rogers