Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 28 Apr 1995 21:07:13 -0600
From:
"Christine R. Childs" <[log in to unmask]>

On Fri, 28 Apr 1995, Scott Adams wrote:

> Could anyone out there help me with a question which has probably been
> covered a million times by this group? Does modified food starch contain
> gluten? I was also wondering what masa flour is made from. I think it's
> corn, but I'm not positive. Is it GF?

I don't believe *all* modified food starch has gluten in it, I think it
varies from product to product.  If we don't know for sure, we don't use
it though.  My son has had some bad times with stuff with modified food
starch.  As for Masa Harina - I think it is just corn and lime (the
stone, not the fruit). I would check with the manufacturer to be sure.
Christine
U of Montana