Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 10 May 1995 22:33:27 EDT
From:
Virginia Mingolla <[log in to unmask]>

Lisa,
In reference to your question on breadmakers, I think you can make gluten
free bread with either 1 or 2 risings.  I have always used the automatic
button on my machine which does 2 risings.

The difference in our flours is that they are heavier than wheat flour.  I
bought a more expensive machine so I would not have to worry about the mixing
cycle.  I know people with less expensive models that mix it once by hand
during the mixing cycle.

Bette Hagman's book "More from the Gluten-Free Gourmet" has a lot of info on
buying a breadmachine.  Try to get it at your library.  My the way, I just
found out that she will have a new book out in November for Celiac's that would
like to lose weight. For the newly diagnosed that must seem like a joke but
you really do put the weight back on after staying on the diet.