Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 5 May 1995 16:56:16 -0700
From:
Ellen Eagan <[log in to unmask]>

The level of protein in the blood may or may not have diagnostic value in
determining if one has CD. If there is enough malabspoption of nutrients
due to CD, or any other disease process that causes malabsorption, the
level of protein in the blood should be decreased. However, one could
have decreased levels and still have a result that is withing the normal
range. Only by comparing this result against what your level was when in
a healthy state, can you notice the difference. Of course, it is possible
to get a protein level result lower than normal values.
I had blood chemistries, including protein, done a few months before my
diagnosis when I definitely had malabsorption as I has lost weight and
the results of my barium x-ray showed malabsorption, and my protein level
was in the normal range.
Ellen Eagan
[log in to unmask] SF,Ca