From:
"D. Hornick" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Feb 1995 06:37:11 -0600

Hello, we have an eight year old daughter newly diagnosed with celiac
disease.  We have been struggling to get up to speed with the diet. One
of the most helpful things for us has been to be monitoring this list.
We find that a lot of practical information that is otherwise hard to
get can be found here.  Thank you to all the participants.

We are frustrated with the lack of an up to date listing of commercial
food products that are gluten free. We understand that CSA/USA is
planning to publish such a list soon.  Until that time our current
question is what commercially available tomato paste(s) is gluten free?
We have made the Bette Hagamen GF Pizza and loved it but remain unsure
about the tomato sauce (we made the sauce from paste because we assumed
that paste is closer to the real tomato and less likely to have had
gluten slid in by the manufacturer).

Thanx in advance for the advice.
The Hornick family