From:
Andrew DeJaco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jan 1995 08:48:28 -0700

I've had my DNA tested and found out that I have the "RARE" genetic pattern
for celiac disease.  If I remember correctly,  I am a DQ8 - 4% of all
celiacs have this pattern.  The other 96% or so have another pattern.

I am interested in finding out more from celiacs with this same genetic
pattern.  I'd like to know of the prevelance within your family, any other
immune problems you have, age of onset, etc.?  All of the research I've
read does not break down the subjects into genetic codes.

I never had any symptoms until my last trimester of my 2nd pregnancy. I
became severely ill immediately.  I've never been anemic and have never had
any other nutrient deficiencies prior to this.  My mother has a thyroid
problem, however no other relatives have any immune problems.  This is just
a basic description of me as a celiac.  I'll be glad to share more with
those that are interested.

Judee

(I'm writing under my husband's i.d. - just in case you're wondering how
Andrew got pregnant!)