From:
Debra Boutin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jan 1995 08:35:43 -0500

I am a new subscriber.  I was dianosed with celiac disease just about
3 months ago.  I have been trying to find other people with celiac
disease to talk to since then, so I was thrilled to find out about this
discussion group (just yesterday).  I have read through most of the
archives so I don't think I am duplicating questions.  If I do, please
excuse.

In order to try baking GF breads I want to purchase a hand-held (and
therefore cheaper) mixer with enough power to handle GF doughs.  Is
the Kitchen Aide hand-held mixer powerful enough?  Are there other
hand-held mixers that are powerful enough?

Does anyone know of brand name analgesics that are gluten-free?  For
instance ibuprophen, asprin, tylenol-type analgesics.

Has anyone found a gluten-free worcestershire sauce?

I understand Walnut Acres makes a GF mayonaise.  Does anyone know where
I can find this?  Are there other brands of mayonaise that are GF?

I am a graduate student at Cornell University.  Are there others from
the Ithaca NY area who would be interested in meeting?  Maybe we could
set up a celiac support group in this area.  Maybe we could get together
for GF pot-luck dinners.  I have felt very isolated in this.  This
discussion group helps alot, but having people to talk to in person
would be even better.

I can be reached at [log in to unmask]

Thanks.

Debra L. Boutin