GSTALT-L Archives

An ICORS List

GSTALT-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Istituto di Gestalt - H.C.C." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Istituto di Gestalt - H.C.C.
Date:
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 10:59:56 +0200
Language

English
Some communities may come with their own interpreter. Thus, a Mexican group
plan to come with a Spanish > < English translator. Let us know your plans.

PARTICIPANTS
The summer program will be limited to 80 students with 8 staff.
We expect demand to be high, and encourage you to book early.

Some scholarships may be available (Send a letter in support of your
application).

The Institute welcomes students regardless of gender, race, age, disability,
sexuality, political or religious affiliation. We ask that students be
equally accepting of difference.

Training formats
- Theoretical seminars with faculty members.
- Meetings of the whole community.
- Small groups. (Theory and experiential)
- Consultation, practice with supervision

Contributions from participants :
Some trainees will have the option of presenting their own work -related to
the topics of the year - through mini-lectures or other formats. To apply
for this option, please send a half-page description to the faculty.

Documentation
A collection of articles and/or chapters (in English) from faculty members
will be sent in advance to each participant in order to contribute to a
shared ground for the forthcoming new figures.

PLACE
The 2001 summer program will take place in southern France, near Montpellier
and the Mediterranean, with wild beautiful landscapes, in a wonderful old
hamlet made up for such workshops with large working rooms, swimming-pool,
etc.

DATES
3 days workshop - 1 day-off - 3 days workshop - 1 day-off - 3 days workshop.
2001, from July 19 (morning) to July 29 afternoon.

PROGRAM FEES
Full payment before Dec 31, 2000 : US $ 1200
Full payment between Jan 1, 2001 & April 30 : US $ 1350
Full payment after May 1, 2001 : US $ 1500

Monthly payments may be organized in advance for people who prefer it : full
payment : US $ 1500, deadline May 1, 2001
Some partial scholarships available .

To be paid to IFGT - 87 cours d'Albret - F. 33000 BORDEAUX
- International Money Order
- Visa / Mastercard (only using the secure server on the Web :
www.gestalt-ifgt.com) (available : autumn 2000)

ACCOMMODATION
According to your choice and availability, you may have single rooms, 2
people rooms, 3/4 people, bungalows for one or two in the forest, or use
your own tent.
Accomodation will be paid directly there : from $ 35 to 60 per full day
(food and accomodation), according to your choice and availability.

FACULTY
Coordination : Jean-Marie ROBINE

Renate BECKER

PhD, Gestalttherapist, trainer and supervisor for more than 15 years. She is
a founder member of Gestalt Institute Midlands UK, and the International
Gestalt Therapy Association. She is currently working both in Germany and GB
and editor of the German Gestalttherapie. She has published articles in
English and German and one of her main interests is philosophy and gender.

Lilian Meyer Frazão
Gestalt therapist for more than 25 years, being one of the pioneers in this
approach in Brazil. Teacher and supervisor at the Psychology Institute of
University of São Paulo since 1974, teacher and member of the Gestalt
Department of Instituto Sedes Sapientiae since 1980.
Lecturer and visiting trainer for several training programs throughout
Brazil. Consultant for two Brazilian Gestalt journals. Has published many
articles in Gestalt and other journals and has written introductions to
Brazilian and translated books on Gestalt Therapy". Founding member and
director of Centro de Estudos de Gestalt de SP. Member of FORGE (Fédération
Internationale des Organismes de Formation à la Gestalt) and founding member
of the International Gestalt Therapy Association.

Philip LICHTENBERG
Ph.D. is Mary Hale Chase Professor Emeritus of Bryn Mawr College
(Pennsylvania, USA) where he taught over 36 years. He is Co-Director of the
Gestalt Therapy Institute of Philadelphia and Associate member of the New
York Institute for Gestalt Therapy. He has published 7 books, the most
recent being " Community and Confluence ; Undoing the Clinch of Oppression "
and (with Janneke van Beusekom and Dorothy Gibbons) : " Encountering Bigotry
: Befriending Projecting Persons in Everyday Life ". He has also published
numerous monographs, articles and chapters. He is on the editorial boards of
the Gestalt Journal, Gestalt Review, and the Journal of Progressive Human
Services.

Michael Vincent MILLER
Ph.D., has practiced and taught Gestalt therapy in Boston, Massachusetts
since 1972. He was on the faculty of Stanford University for four years and
the Massachusetts Institute of Technology for six years. He was the
co-founder and, for many years, co-director of the Boston Gestalt Institute.
He currently teaches Gestalt therapy in many countries. Recently he
co-founded the International Gestalt Therapy Association. He has been on the
editorial board of The Gestalt Journal for more than twenty years, has
published numerous articles and chapters on Gestalt therapy and related
matters, as well as written the introductions to new editions of the works
of Perls, Goodman, and others. He has also been a frequent book reviewer for
The New York Times Book Review. His own book, " Intimate Terrorism ", has
appeared in eight languages.

Peter Philippson
M.Sc. is a founder member of Manchester Gestalt Centre, Teaching &
Supervising Member of Gestalt Psychotherapy Training Institute (UK) and an
Associate Member of the New York Institute for Gestalt Therapy.
He is author of " Self in Relation " pub. Gestalt Journal Press, co-author "
Gestalt: Working with Groups " pub. Manchester Gestalt Centre, and many
articles in British, American, Canadian, Australian and Spanish Gestalt
Journals. He is a father and a student and teacher of Aikido.

Jean-Marie ROBINE
Psy. Dipl. since 1967, chairman of the Institut Français de
Gestalt-thérapie. Teaches Gestalt Therapy in numerous countries.
Past-president of European Association for Gestalt Therapy. Editor of "
Cahiers de Gestalt-thérapie " and of a collection of Gestalt Therapy books.
Author of many articles published in French, British, American, Canadian,
Australian, Polish, Russian, German, Dutch, Italian, Mexican and Spanish
Gestalt Journals. He also authored 3 books about Gestalt-therapy, translated
or being translated in several languages. Member of the editorial board of
several foreign Gestalt Journals, of the Collège de Gestalt-thérapie, and
founding member of the International Gestalt Therapy Association.

Margherita SPAGNUOLO-LOBB
Gestalt therapy trainer since 1979, she leads together with G. Salonia the
Istituto di Gestalt in Italy, accredited by the Italian Ministery of
Universities. She teaches Gestalt therapy all over Italy and is invited
trainer in France, Spain, Greece, Israel, Holland, Germany, Sweden, USA,
Argentina. She wrote a book on Psychology of Personality and many articles
on Gestalt therapy. She is currently working at the development of Gestalt
therapy theory and practice under the hermeneutic perspective. She is the
editor of the international journal in English : " Studies in Gestalt
Therapy " and of the Italian journal " Quaderni di Gestalt " and member of
the editorial Board of Gestalt Review and of the Australian Gestalt
Journal.. She is active in Europe in the political and governamental
recognition of the profession of psychotherapist. She has been President of
the European Association for Gestalt Therapy since 1996 - rielected in 1999.
In this role, she organized the 6th European Conference of Gestalt Therapy
(Palermo, October 1998) and is supporting, among other activities, the
European Conference of Gestalt Therapy Writers, which will take place in
March 2001.

Gary YONTEF
Ph.D., Fellow of the Academy of Clinical Psychology, and Diplomate in
Clinical Psychology (ABPP) and Clinical Social Work, has been a Gestalt
therapist since training with Frederick Perls and James Simkin in 1965.
Formerly on the UCLA Psychology Department Faculty and Chairman of the
Professional Conduct Committee of the L.A. County Psychological Association,
he is in private practice in Santa Monica, California. He has been President
and for 18 years was chairman of the faculty of the Gestalt Institute of Los
Angeles, is an Editorial Board member of The Gestalt Journal, and Editorial
Advisor of the British Gestalt Journal. Recently he has co-founded, along
with Lynne Jacobs, Ph.D., an institute of contemporary Gestalt Therapy, The
Gestalt Therapy Institute of the Pacific (GTIP). He has written numerous
articles and chapters on Gestalt therapy theory, practice, and supervision
and is the author of " Awareness, Dialogue and Process: Essays on Gestalt
Therapy ", which has also been published in Spanish, German, Portugese, and
Czech.

Coordination/registration
Institut Français de Gestalt-thérapie
87 cours d'Albret