GSTALT-L Archives

An ICORS List

GSTALT-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Marcy Stern <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 1 Jan 1988 00:41:18 -0800
Ansel - Thanx for asking about Ed Lynch. Am I perceiving hostility here?
I base my statement on my experience. I have read an awful lot of books,
articles, etc., as most of us have. I have "heard about" lotza things,
as many of have. However, I have come to a point in my life where I
realize (more than ever) that I need to actually experience things
before I truly (in-my-heart) know what I'm talking about! I have spent
time with Ed training at our Institute here in Sarasota. He can actually
put meaning to the word "contact," making the experience tangible. Itz
like the difference of reading about one of the AAGT conferences in a
newsletter vs. actually being there. My observation of how Ed works, the
beautiful approach, and his particular style are certainly my
judgements. I also respect the fact that he is in charge of one of the
few Gestalt programs in this country, at a University, which is
mandatory at the Bachelors level. Sure wish that had been required in my
Masters and Doctoral programs. For me, learning is experiencing. So, how
do you measure level of quality?  How do you "judge" quality of
therapists?
Keep the Spirit......Marcy Stern