VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mike Pietruk <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Pietruk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 13:52:00 +0000
Hi Maarvin!

Glad you discovered the Blind Shell Classic 2.

The classic has been around for at least 2 years and the original
Blindshell goes back to at least March of 2019.
So, it's not exactly new; but, more importantly, it has stood the test of
time and grown over the years of being around.

If I recall correctly, you're down Under in Australia; so, perhaps, it's
new in your part of the world.
And there is plenty of info out there with the website you noted, at least
2 email lists on Groups.io, and podcasts discussing the phone.
And, if one goes to their website, there is a link directing you to apps
that have been designed to work with the Classic 2; and, yes, instructions
for using it (at least here in the USA) on the t-mobile and AT&T tower
networks (it's a GSM phone) and instructions on getting it to work with
Verizon's network.

Not sure what the situation is in Australia or New Zealand; so I would
check before purchasing  to make certain to its usability where you are.
And, while we're preparing for winter, you are ready for summer; enjoy.