VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Jan 2019 02:59:29 -0500
Hi all,

Thursday night, I was at Brian's house, Brian is on this list as well,
and, my computer guy, Rick was there as well!

I was talking with them, about bringing all their drives over to the
desktop.

One thing I love that Apple has done, and I wish Windows would do it, as
the default, but as long as it isn't, I will gladly do it is, all your
drives, are already on the desktop.

Here's how to do it in Windows, and I've done it now for a few years,
and I will continue to do it.

See below, and Windows users, enjoy, you'll love doing it, no more
having to find this pc!

Now, we're going to put all of your drives on your desktop, so you won't
have to go into this pc, then find a drive. To do this:
step 1. On the desktop, type the letters thi
and the this pc icon should appear, and you press enter.
step 2. Now, press the first few letters of a drive. For example, type
the letters loc
for the c drive. If it's another drive, like a thumb drive, type the
first few letters of that drive.  For me, I had to type the letters cor
for my corsair e drive.
step 3. Now, press shift f10
which is also the right click, because we're going to right click on a
drive.
step 4. Now, down arrow to send to submenu.
step 5. Now, right arrow 1 time to open it.
step 6. Now, down arrow to desktop create shortcut, and press enter. If
you don't find a send to submenu, just down arrow to create shortcut,
and press enter.
Windows will say "windows cannot create a shortcut here, do you want to
create the shortcut on the desktop instead? yes button.
step 7. You do, so, press spacebar on the yes button, and now, all your
drives are on the desktop!
This will work for any internal or any external drive you have in, or
connected to, your computer or tablet.
step 8. Now, go back to the desktop, and you will see all your drives
there, but you need to do one more thing. Highlight each of the drives.
step 9.  then, press f2, and you'll be in an edit box.
step 10. Now, we are going to edit out the word shortcut, and the dash
to the left of the word shortcut, so, press the end key to go to the end
of the name of the drive.
step 11. then, backspace till you have backspaced out the space before
the dash.
step 12. Now, press enter.
Harry

Archived on the World Wide Web at