GSTALT-L Archives

An ICORS List

GSTALT-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
john wymore <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
An ICORS List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 May 2019 10:42:12 -0600
PHIL

Here’s what you said

> On May 26, 2019, at 9:18 AM, Philip Brownell <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> John
> I cannot know the condition of your heart, the seat of faith and conviction,

Nah.  The heart is a pump.  If you insist - that is, in serious discourse  - on referring to  the heart as the “seat of faith and conviction” it subverts my taking you seriously. On the other hand through the years that we have exchanged viewpoints on this list I would imagine that you have a pretty good idea of how I view “faith” and what certain convictions I may hold. And they are for sure located in various modules of my mind/brain. Certainly not in  my heart whose condition is maintained within nominal parameters by virtue of medication.

> but what you say in a cynical and possibly angry way speaks to me of an ignorance so large and terrible that I cannot begin to approach it in a helpful way. Even though I would like to.

YIKES. An “ignorance loud and terrible”.  As awful as that sounds, it does have a poetic quality. But you do write well. I remain profoundly curious about your specifications of my ignorance. Massive?  to be sure. But terrible?Is there anything you can tell  me about that?

JW

Gstalt-L is an independent eCommunity of people interested in gestalt therapy theory and its various applications. Its public archives can be found at http://listserv.icors.org/scripts/wa-ICORS.exe?A0=GSTALT-L, and subscriptions can be managed by clicking on "Subscriber's Corner," which is found at the archives.