From:
Diana Clarke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Oct 1995 21:02:55 -0400

Three years ago, we took our 5 year old daughter with Celiac Disease to
Disney World and they were absolutely wonderful.  Call and speak to the head
chef at the Grand Floridian and they will be more than helpful.  Ask for the
phone numbers of the Executive Chefs of the major theme parks.  I spoke to
each of them about a month before our trip and we made plans for all of our
meals out.  Specific menus were developed for our daughter and we even got
reservations at the Hoop-de-do Revue which is usually booked a year in
advance.  The key is to make reservations for meals not at peak times.  We
had our own chef assigned to us at the Polynesian where we were staying.  She
came to the room to meet Erin, our daughter.  One day we came back from the
park and our chef brought a silver tray with chocolate covered strawberries
(complete with the ingredient list for me) and stuffed Mickey and Minnie
Mouses for Erin.
      We would eat our breakfast in our room (I took gluten free cereal and
they provided us with a fridge in our room).   We also packed sandwiches (I
took her bread) and snacks and took them into the parks in a back pack.  The
chefs were so wonderful, they even provided me with their beeper numbers to
call if I had any questions about the park's food.  Have a great time....we
sure did and are planning a return visit this spring.  Their theory was,
Disney World is a great vacation for your Celiac child, but it is also  Mom's
vacation !!  Plan ahead and you'll have a wonderful time.