From:
Chris Gralapp <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chris Gralapp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Feb 2018 10:12:10 -0800

I just spoke with Celia in Udi's Customer Service (800) 254-3768). I
politely thanked the company for producing GF foods, and then inquired
about the new bread recipe.

She told me that the change was in response to customer requests for a
softer bread (maybe more like Wonder bread?).  The new recipe will apply
to both the large and small loaves, and for both white and multigrain
breads.

I asked her about the Trader Joe's GF breads--I had always assumed that
they were made by Udi's and marketed under TJ's packaging.  She checked
with her manager, and told me that the Trader Joe's GF bread is NOT made
by Udi's, it is made by another company.  Whew!

If you care about Udi's new recipe, and want your voice heard, you will
have the opportunity to talk to a real person and air your comments.  I
think that this is a good way to communicate directly with the
company--they are counting votes!  I also commented (politely) on their
Facebook page, expressing my disappointment with the turn their recipe
has taken, and urged them to return to the earlier, better bread recipe.

So, if enough people jump onto this bread wagon, maybe they will make
both versions.

Please don't flame me for liking Udi's bread--I can remember the bad old
days when there were scant choices for celiacs, and I have felt that
Udi's is closer to wheat bread taste and texture than so many on the
shelves.

Thanks,

Chris

--