ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 May 2017 13:47:57 -0600
When we received the news about our 8 year old grandson having detached retinas in both eyes, we began making calls for prayer.  Throughout the day, I felt odd and continually tried to isolate  what I was sensing.  The actual feeling felt as though I were clear of all emotional harm and discomfort.  More than one person, during the day we called and emailed friends and family for prayer, saw the comparison between what my grandson was facing and what I went through at age   12 when both my retinas detached and shredded.  Thirteen surgical procedures and 6 months later, I was blind.  I later put 2-and-2 together and realized the nature of my unusual feelings.  My spiritual awareness level was wide open throughout the day scanning for incoming.  I’m talking about incoming pain and fear and sadness but oddly enough, it never came.  It should have emotionally ripped and tore at me because it always had done so before.  Feelings of gigantic sadness should have been there, too, as memory pictures flashed through my mind during that day.  Yet, it never came.  My awareness of incoming spiritual danger was so razor sharp, I could have     sliced thin air into strips.  Yet, there was no need for any action on my part.  Why wasn’t that pain returning as it always did.  Then I knew.  The emotions, and the lies the Enemy had implanted relating to the experiencing of going blind, no longer had any effect on me.  The cathartic aspect of inner healing had removed the anxiety and doubts that always surfaced with similar issues of life that came my way;  personal experiences triggering the old memories of woundedness.  This healing experience does not mean I have lost all sensitivity to past events.  It does mean, on the other hand, that lies implanted by the Enemy have been healed so they, in turn, no longer cause emotional pain and woundedness.  Likewise, it does not mean what I fast as a boy have been erased; they have just been healed so no more pain exists.  Such lies are rarely seen, even by professionals, because the Enemy is able to disguise any lie with pain and fear and other emotional devices so that healing seems impossible.  It takes the Holy Spirit, in the name of the true Lord Jesus Christ, to heal the brokenness experienced even by Christians.