ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Feb 2016 22:41:27 -0700
I failed to mention the most important part of this experience putting
Barney down.  The afternoon we put him down, my mind went back to all the
dogs I had as a boy and all the dogs we had when our kids were little.  We
had a lot of pets come and go in our household.  The next day, I was walking
through the house to my office and thinking about how sad I was about Barney
when a picture of his head flashed into my mind.  The first thing I noticed
was the fact it was a small picture as if you were seeing the picture on a
postage stamp from a hundred yards away.  I said, in my thoughts, Lord, what
is this?  No words were spoken but I felt the answer plainly.  If I put
words to what I felt, it would be this:  "He is a long ways away but still
with us."  I instantly was aware of what the Lord was saying.  Barney isn't
really gone, in a manner of speaking, because Jesus is taking care of him
for us.  Every time Barney comes to mind now, I see his head very far away
but I feel good about where he is right now and especially since Jesus is
taking care of him for us.  I've been teaching people about prayer for
almost 15 years and through that teaching, I have said Jesus can heal the
most damaged emotions.  I'm not for sure how much I believed it before but
the way the Lord healed me this time, proves it is true to me.

Phil.