From:
Dave Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 27 Nov 2015 13:57:10 +1300
Hi Mike!
This should do itforyou.

If you want a really simple and easy way to get rid of this icon, you can
download a little piece of freeware called GWX Control Panel from a
developer that isn't happy with the icon either.

Download it, run it, and then click the "Disable Get Windows 10 App
(permanently remove icon)" button. And then click the "Disable Operating
System Upgrades in Windows Update" button too for good measure.

Screenshot_11_2_15__9_03_PM

You'll have to reboot, but at the end, the icon will be gone and your
computer shouldn't get the upgrade. And luckily you can click those buttons
again to put things back the way they were.

73,
Dave