From:
Buddy Brannan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Dec 2016 15:56:18 -0500
Yeah, the RT Systems software works a treat, no question. I have it for my Puxing UV973. Not sure if I'll do anything about another HT or not. Don't fel like spending over $600 for a Kenwood TH-D74. I'm sort of waiting for the Connect Systems CS7000, although I'm tempted to get the CS750 and see if I can throw together DMR things or not. We only have one 220 repeater in beautiful and hysterical Erie...I think...and I'm pretty sure I've never heard a QSO on it.

--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Phone: 814-860-3194

> On Dec 1, 2016, at 3:53 PM, Butch Bussen <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> Thanks.  Interesting, last chirp I tried was a couple years ago.  I now
> have rt systems which with nvda works just fine.  Back when I was kind
> of erious about these things, using your well written instructions, I
> was programmijng from the keyboard with no probblems at all.
> 73
> Butch
> WA0VJR
> Node 3148
> Wallace, ks.
>

> On Thu, 1 Dec
> 2016, Buddy Brannan wrote:
>
>> Chirp sort of kind of works, **if** you:
>>
>> 1. Use the mouse cursor or JAWS cursor or whatever to read the screen a =
>> lot;
>>
>> 2. Learn the hot keys, especially to read from/save to the radio, =
>> import/export, etc. and
>>
>> 3. Export to a .csv, modify your channel settings in Excel, save back to =
>> .csv, and then import back into Chirp.=20
>>
>> By no means ideal, and it is not likely to change.=20
>>
>> --
>> Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
>> Phone: 814-860-3194=20
>> Mobile: 814-431-0962
>> Email: [log in to unmask]
>>

>>> On Dec 1, 2016, at 9:31 AM, Butch Bussen <[log in to unmask]> =
>> wrote:
>>> =20
>>> I don't know for sure about your cable, but the th-f6 cable is the =
>> same.
>>> As far as software, chirp does not work at all with any screen =
>> reader.=20
>>> Best bet is to buy from rt systems and get their cable and software =
>> for=20
>>> around $40 or so, cost as much as the radio, but it absolutely works =
>> and=20
>>> their customer service is good.
>>> 73
>>> Butch