From:
Date:
Wed, 25 Nov 2015 10:01:27 -0600
Don, I downloaded a copy of my ham license from the FCC site, and it was
identified as a reference copy. The words reference copy are written across
the copy on a diagonal so it went across both copies of the license that you
get when you download the copy from the FCC site. You get one large copy to
hang in your ham shack and one small copy that is wallet size to carry in
your wallet. When I tried to just upload that same PDF file to satisfy the
Remotehams requirements, it was not accepted, and I tried uploading it
several times. However, when I took that same exact copy and printed it out
on my printer, and then, scanned it with my scanner and saved it as a .jpeg
file type and uploaded that .jpeg file
To Remotehams, it accepted it the first time I tried it. I have no idea why
it would not accept the PDF version, but it would accept the .jpeg version.
I'm sure there is a perfectly logical explanation, but I accept it as just
one of those mysteries of the cyber world!!

Ron, K8HSY