ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Feb 2018 12:49:08 -0700
I was watching TV in my man cave recently; it was very cold.  That morning it was about 17 degrees and it got up to about 28 degrees during the day.  As I continued watching Tv, I kept hearing a little dog crying and it sounded like a neighbor’s dog.  After hearing it off and on, I wondered if perhaps it was not indeed one  of our dogs caught in the fence or some wire or bush they had gotten snared in and was now stuck.  i checked with Sandy and all dogs were not accounted for.  So, I went to our bedroom door that leads out on to our deck and listened.  It was one of our dogs with bells and he wouldn’t come when I called.  So, I went out and down the deck steps but he went silent and I could not find him.  I had short sleeves on and by this time, I was getting very cold myself.  Finally, unable to locate the dog, I turned to go back to get a coat but as I did so, I prayed and asked the Lord to show me where Tebow was while I was still outside.  Reaching the stairs leading up to the deck, he moved and his bells jangled.  He was close; very close.  I stepped toward where I had heard the sound and bent down.  He was standing on all fours like he was frozen in place.  I felt around on the cold ground around him because I figured he was caught somehow.  I found nothing.  He wasn’t stuck or trapped.  I slowly picked him up and I carried him up the stairs, across the deck, and back through the door into our bedroom before putting him down.  I checked his feet and other than being quite cold, they were fine.  Tebow, when he was a year old, got caught and trapped in a snow bank and I wrote about what the Lord said to me about helping him at the time, if anyone recalls that story.  I’m wondering if his feet got so cold, not moving was better than trying to walk so he cried and barked for help.  Jesus did it again.  He spoke and I heard the answer to my prayer.
Phil.