EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Nissen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 17:51:06 GMT
Hello again, Denis,

I disagree about archiving.  Documents can be stored electronically
such that they can be read serially and retain structure.  HTML is
best for this, with XML to be added in the future.  It's not always
satisfactory if documents are stored as PDF, since PDF to HTML
conversion does not always work well, as we were discussing earlier
in the thread.  Similarly storing documents as MS Word documents
has the same problem that conversion to HTML does not always work well.

Cheers,

John
--

--
Access the word, access the world! -- Try our WordAloud software!!

John Nissen, Cloudworld Ltd., Chiswick, London, UK
Tel:   +44 (0) 845 458 3944 (local rate in the UK)
Fax:   +44 (0) 20 8742 8715
Email: [log in to unmask]
Web:   http://www.cloudworld.co.uk and http://www.wordaloud.co.uk